Apple released their latest update v2.2 for the iPhone.
Enhancements in this update:
Google Street View – if your carrier supports it…
Public transit and walking directions
Display address of dropped pins
Share location via email
Decrease in call setup failures and dropped calls
Resolved isolated issues with scheduled fetching of email
Improved formatting of wide HTML email
- Podcasts are now available for download in iTunes application (over Wi-Fi and cellular network)
- Improved stability and performance of Safari
Improved sound quality of Visual Voicemail messages
Pressing Home button from any Home screen displays the first Home screen
Preference to turn on/off auto-correction in Keyboard Settings
More new or improved features:
Decrease in call set-up failures and dropped calls
Significantly better battery life for most users
Dramatically reduced time to backup to iTunes
Improved email reliability, notably fetching email from POP and Exchange accounts
Faster installation of 3rd party applications
Fixed bugs causing hangs and crashes for users with lots of third party applications
Improved performance in text messaging
Faster loading and searching of contacts
Improved accuracy of the 3G signal strength display
Repeat alert up to two additional times for incoming text messages
Option to wipe data after ten failed passcode attempts
Genius playlist creation
The App Store
Mass email move and delete
Updated keyboard and dictionary support
Support for more email attachments
The update is available here: Apple iPhone 2.2 update
How to update your iPhone:
- Make sure you are using iTunes 8. Connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Download iTunes 8
- When iTunes opens, select your iPhone under Devices in the Source List on the left.
- In the iPhone Summary pane, click Check for Update.
- Click Download and Install. Do not disconnect your iPhone until the update has finished.