The Sony PS3 Firmware 2.53 is bringing full screen support for Adobe Flash videos and live movie to the PS3 web browser.
Sony about their update:
The PLAYSTATION®3 system software version 2.53 update includes the following:
- The account creation screens under [Sign Up for PlayStation®Network] and the menus under [Account Management] have been redesigned.
- You now have an option to set the PS3™ system to turn off automatically after a background download or installation of content has completed. This option is available when you turn off the system under [Users] > [Turn Off System] while content is being downloaded or installed.
- [BD/DVD Settings] has been renamed to [Video Settings].
- Under [Video Settings], the [Cinema Conversion] option has been renamed to [BD/DVD Cinema Conversion] and the [Upscale] option has been renamed to [BD/DVD Upscaler].
- [Sequential Playback] has been added as an option under [Video Settings].
- [DivX® VOD Registration Code] has been added under [System Settings]. You must use this registration code to authenticate and register the PS3™ system to be able to play video files that are compatible with the DivX® VOD (Video On Demand) service on your system. For details, visit the DivX® website.
- DivX, DivX Certified, and associated logos are trademarks of DivX, Inc. and are used under license.
- [Power Save Settings] has been added as an option under [Settings]. To save power, the PS3™ system and wireless controllers can be set to turn off automatically after a certain period of inactivity.
- Under [Accessory Settings] > [Audio Device Settings], the method for reconnecting Bluetooth® devices has been changed.
- Under [Accessory Settings] > [Keyboard Type], you can now choose the following keyboard types: [German Keyboard (Switzerland)], [French Keyboard (Canada)] and [French Keyboard (Switzerland)].
- Under [Printer Settings] > [Printer Selection], you can now select printers that support network connectivity. You can also select HP printers using the [HP] option.
- You can now select one of nine volume output levels using the [Volume Control] setting on the control panel (or the mini-size control panel).
- [Pause] has been added as an icon on the mini-size control panel.
- You can now select one of nine volume output levels using the [Volume Control] setting on the control panel.
- [Scene Search] has been added as an option on the control panel.
- You can now use the [Mosquito Noise Reduction] setting for video content that is saved on the hard disk or storage media. Use this setting to reduce mosquito noise that appears on the edges of visual images.
- During BD (BDAV) and DVD playback, a technique known as “chroma upsampling” is now automatically selected based on the movement of objects within the video content and then applied to enhance images in the content.
- New for 2.52: The playback quality of some PLAYSTATION®3 format software has been improved.
- New for 2.52: A text entry issue that occurs when using the on-screen keyboard, USB keyboard or Bluetooth® keyboard with some PLAYSTATION®3 format software has been addressed.
- [Sync with Server] has been added as an option under [Trophy Collection].
- By pressing the PS button while playing PLAYSTATION®3 format software, you can now view information from the [Settings and Connection Status List] option under [Network Settings].*
- This feature is not available for use with some PLAYSTATION®3 format software.
- New for 2.53: The full-screen mode setting in Adobe® Flash® Player is now supported in the Internet Browser.*
- Support for Adobe® Flash® Player 9 has been added to [Internet Browser]. (Adobe and Flash are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.)
- PlaySTation Network
- The way to disable the automatic sign-in option and the way to sign out from PlayStation®Network have been changed.
- In PlayStation®Store, the design of the [View Downloads] and [View Cart] buttons has been changed, and a [Redeem Codes] button has been added.
- You can now view information about the most recent sign-in for Friends who are on your Friends list.*
- If you do not set the correct date and time in the [Date and Time] settings under [Settings] > [Date and Time Settings], this information may not be displayed.
You can update your system software by any of the following methods:
Update using a PC
Update using disc media
PlayStation 3 was first released in Japan on November 11, 2006, at 07:00. According to Media Create, 81,639 PS3 systems were sold within 24 hours of its Buy PS3™ console and get prepared for the most immersive gaming experience ever! Enjoy exclusive PlayStation®3 games and exciting PS3™ features. The PlayStation 3 system software is the updatable and operating system of the PlayStation 3. The process of updating is almost identical to that PlayStation 3 Secrets - edepot PlayStation 3 Secrets The purpose of this webpage is to provide information (a majority are secret or are hard to find) on the . If you think you know Tags: playstation, secrets, edepot, geohot's home on the internet ain't my web design skills sick? buy an Apple, Microsoft, LG, Samsung, Nintendo, don't buy a , (sue me, and your The 120GB "Slim" model. Shown with Dualshock 3 controller. (Photo credit: Wikipedia) has another public image meltdown on its The official Mobile website for all things Xperia™: Android smartphones, tablets, smart products, accessories and more. Visit now to explore and buy.
more about:ps3 update 2 53,