The Sony PS3 Firmware 2.53 is bringing full screen support for Adobe Flash videos and live movie to the PS3 web browser.
Sony about their update:
The PLAYSTATION®3 system software version 2.53 update includes the following:
- The account creation screens under [Sign Up for PlayStation®Network] and the menus under [Account Management] have been redesigned.
- You now have an option to set the PS3™ system to turn off automatically after a background download or installation of content has completed. This option is available when you turn off the system under [Users] > [Turn Off System] while content is being downloaded or installed.
- [BD/DVD Settings] has been renamed to [Video Settings].
- Under [Video Settings], the [Cinema Conversion] option has been renamed to [BD/DVD Cinema Conversion] and the [Upscale] option has been renamed to [BD/DVD Upscaler].
- [Sequential Playback] has been added as an option under [Video Settings].
- [DivX® VOD Registration Code] has been added under [System Settings]. You must use this registration code to authenticate and register the PS3™ system to be able to play video files that are compatible with the DivX® VOD (Video On Demand) service on your system. For details, visit the DivX® website.
- DivX, DivX Certified, and associated logos are trademarks of DivX, Inc. and are used under license.
- [Power Save Settings] has been added as an option under [Settings]. To save power, the PS3™ system and wireless controllers can be set to turn off automatically after a certain period of inactivity.
- Under [Accessory Settings] > [Audio Device Settings], the method for reconnecting Bluetooth® devices has been changed.
- Under [Accessory Settings] > [Keyboard Type], you can now choose the following keyboard types: [German Keyboard (Switzerland)], [French Keyboard (Canada)] and [French Keyboard (Switzerland)].
- Under [Printer Settings] > [Printer Selection], you can now select printers that support network connectivity. You can also select HP printers using the [HP] option.
- You can now select one of nine volume output levels using the [Volume Control] setting on the control panel (or the mini-size control panel).
- [Pause] has been added as an icon on the mini-size control panel.
- You can now select one of nine volume output levels using the [Volume Control] setting on the control panel.
- [Scene Search] has been added as an option on the control panel.
- You can now use the [Mosquito Noise Reduction] setting for video content that is saved on the hard disk or storage media. Use this setting to reduce mosquito noise that appears on the edges of visual images.
- During BD (BDAV) and DVD playback, a technique known as “chroma upsampling” is now automatically selected based on the movement of objects within the video content and then applied to enhance images in the content.
- New for 2.52: The playback quality of some PLAYSTATION®3 format software has been improved.
- New for 2.52: A text entry issue that occurs when using the on-screen keyboard, USB keyboard or Bluetooth® keyboard with some PLAYSTATION®3 format software has been addressed.
- [Sync with Server] has been added as an option under [Trophy Collection].
- By pressing the PS button while playing PLAYSTATION®3 format software, you can now view information from the [Settings and Connection Status List] option under [Network Settings].*
- This feature is not available for use with some PLAYSTATION®3 format software.
- New for 2.53: The full-screen mode setting in Adobe® Flash® Player is now supported in the Internet Browser.*
- Support for Adobe® Flash® Player 9 has been added to [Internet Browser]. (Adobe and Flash are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.)
- PlaySTation Network
- The way to disable the automatic sign-in option and the way to sign out from PlayStation®Network have been changed.
- In PlayStation®Store, the design of the [View Downloads] and [View Cart] buttons has been changed, and a [Redeem Codes] button has been added.
- You can now view information about the most recent sign-in for Friends who are on your Friends list.*
- If you do not set the correct date and time in the [Date and Time] settings under [Settings] > [Date and Time Settings], this information may not be displayed.
You can update your system software by any of the following methods:
Update using a PC
Update using disc media
The PlayStation 3 (PS3) is a home video game console developed by Sony Computer Entertainment. It is the successor to PlayStation 2, and is part of the Sony has released a mandatory firmware update for the PS3. This new firmware update's the system software to version 4.75 and in addition to the system sof This is the latest update for the PlayStation 4 entertainment c PlayStation 3 Secrets - edepot PlayStation 3 Secrets The purpose of this webpage is to provide information (a majority are secret or are hard to find) on the . If you think you know Tags: playstation, secrets, edepot, About PlayStation ® 3 system software update version 4.82 (including 4.80 and 4.81) ™ system software version 4.82 was on November 14, 2017.
more about:ps3 update 2 53,